Friday, January 27, 2012

Shoe Organization

We have a great little spot off the side of our laundry room where the kids sit and put on their shoes and grab their coats before they head out to the garage to get in the car.  (You can check out the post about the coat rack we made here).  The problem can been seen in this before picture:


And my son is currently at school, so imagine another pair of shoes, a winter coat, and a backpack added to this mess.  Real nice, huh?

After some cleaning, purging, and putting away, here's the AFTER:


Yay!  Much better!  Most of this is thanks to our IKEA trip last weekend.  I had a certain amount of Christmas money to spend, and instead of blowing it all on the sideboard I liked for my coffee bar, I found a side table instead.  I then had enough money leftover to get this great shoe cabinet....


and I'm loving it!  It's super thin and doesn't take up much room at all, keeps the shoes up off the floor, and looks pretty cute while doing it!


PS:  Did you see yesterday's post about our latest adoption fundraiser?  I'm hoping a few of you will donate items from your etsy shop or similar store to help bring our son(s) home from Ethiopia!  Please contact me for more details!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's great! I've been eyeing one of those but sadly we don't have the space. Glad it worked for you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...