Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Wreath

This wreath has been in the works for awhile now.  Since I decided not to put my changeable burlap wreath on the front door, my empty door was really needing some kind of springy fun.  I again started with a straw wreath, left the wrapper on so I wouldn't have a huge mess on my hands, and used the hot glue gun.  This time I used twine instead of burlap, and only hot glued a dot here and there where I needed it.  I wrapped the whole thing, then went back and covered up the bare spots.  
I bought the little nest at Michaels for about $1.50, and had eggs left over from my earlier spring decorating here and here.  I was planning on just using the nest, but it blended too much with the twine and really needed some extra color.  Thanks to a girls night out to Hobby Lobby, I picked up some of these fun yellow flowers for the perfect touch.  Here's a few pics of the finished product.....taken in different areas of the house ~ it's amazing how different levels of light can affect how it looks! 




And finally on it's rightful place on the front door.....


Now all we need is some warm weather!!!


For a list of parties I may have linked to, please click here!
The DIY Show Off

Visit thecsiproject.com

PS ~ have you chimed in with your best decorating ideas??


It is such an honor to be featured ~ THANK YOU!!


SAS Interiors



23 comments:

Meri said...

I love the new look for spring!! Especially the nest and eggs :D

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Now there are photos. What a delightful wreath.
- Joy

Unknown said...

Oh I love the natural look of this! And I love your photos! Great job!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Love it!! And check my FB page....I'll try to give you a link for the R2D2 cake, it was pretty amazing.
Thanks so much for linking up! :)

Tiffany said...

Very pretty, simple and elegant. :)

Johnnie said...

This wreath is so cute. I am a new follower. Great blog. Blessings...
Saved By Love Creations

Simple Midwest Mom said...

Hi there Angie. I'm your newest follower and am here from Thrify Decorating! I love the look of your blog and I love, love this wreath. I love the simple, natural look! I hope you don't mind but I'll be stealing this idea for my front door too! Glad to meet you and look forward to seeing more of your creativity! Come on over to my blog and say hi sometime.

Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

This looks great! I LOVE the versatility of this wreath.
Great idea!!

Unknown said...

How cute! I'm not a wreath maker, no matter how hard I try :)

Loving the nest!

Terri said...

I love your twine wreath, Angie! You did a great job!

Life Of A Southern Couple - Brittany said...

This is so cute!!! You did a great job! The nest and eggs were the perfect touch! :)

Terra said...

I really like this wreath! The nest and eggs are a fun touch!

Faith @ Seven Valley Hill said...

I'm a picky wreath-a-holic, and I think this one is so cute! Simple and elegant and oh, so springy! Great job!!

Sarita said...

Another super cure springy idea I love! I love it's simplicity :-)

Sommer said...

That is GORGEOUS! So simple and inviting. Who wouldn't want to come into a home with that on the door? I'd love to have you link this to my VIP party today! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-9.html

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

I love your wreaths!!! This is simply perfect : )
craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

Lolly Jane said...

So pretty. I love everything about this! So perfect for this time of year :) We would ♥ to see this in our current linky party! Feel free to stop by :) lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

Ashley @ Decorating Obsessed said...

What a festive idea!

SAS Interiors said...

I love your wreath creation and I featured it in today's post ~ http://www.sasinteriors.net/2011/04/spring-wreath-inspiration/

Jenna, SAS Interiors

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

you are being featured today... I love this wreath... excellent job! or should i say egg-cellent! LOL

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all the creativity in your blog so can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? You can find us here: http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/05/creative-bloggers-party-hop-050111.html.

Unknown said...

I have wanted to create a wreath for weeks now and wasn't sure what I wanted to create, until now! It is perfect for my house so I am creating my own version of it! I will post it and show you my take on it once it's complete! Thanks so much for the idea!

Laura said...

Such a pretty wreath!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...