This wreath has been in the works for awhile now. Since I decided not to put my changeable burlap wreath on the front door, my empty door was really needing some kind of springy fun. I again started with a straw wreath, left the wrapper on so I wouldn't have a huge mess on my hands, and used the hot glue gun. This time I used twine instead of burlap, and only hot glued a dot here and there where I needed it. I wrapped the whole thing, then went back and covered up the bare spots.
I bought the little nest at Michaels for about $1.50, and had eggs left over from my earlier spring decorating here and here. I was planning on just using the nest, but it blended too much with the twine and really needed some extra color. Thanks to a girls night out to Hobby Lobby, I picked up some of these fun yellow flowers for the perfect touch. Here's a few pics of the finished product.....taken in different areas of the house ~ it's amazing how different levels of light can affect how it looks!
And finally on it's rightful place on the front door.....
Now all we need is some warm weather!!!
For a list of parties I may have linked to, please click here!