Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fun Fall Activity Repost

Looking for a fun fall activity to do with your kiddos?  I'm reposting this from last fall, back when I was the only one who regularly checked my blog!

Ok, so probably everyone has done this craft.  It certainly isn't original but it came out of the recesses of my brain today when I was trying to think of a simple fun activity to do with Jackson while Carly took her nap.  It's easy, cheap, already had all the supplies on hand, and it can double as some fall decoration - so that makes it a win-win-win-win in my book!


Materials needed:  crayons (preferably old or broken ones), crayon or pencil sharpener (or old cheese grater), wax paper, newspaper, scissors, iron, marker.

Layer newspaper, one sheet wax paper, crayon shavings, wax paper, newspaper.  I used an old tea towel on top of it all, too. 

Iron on low setting just until the crayon is melted.  Draw your leaves (don't be jealous of my sweet leaf drawing skills!) and cut them out.  (For the pumpkins, we drew them first so we knew where to put the orange & green). 

Tape or hang them on a window and admire your new cute suncatchers!

(Yep, it's definitely afternoon & he's definitely still wearing pajamas).

Linking to:  The DIY Showoff's Fall Festival Party

5 comments:

Tanya said...

How fun! I love this project. We did it for Valentines a few years ago. Leaves would be fun :) Thanks for the reminder. We'll be doing the leaves soon!

Kortney said...

ok i am going to do this with Amelie today! as long as Ivy doesnt wake up....you are making me be more "crafty!" So excited!!!! :-)

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

This is a great idea! I'm going to put it on my FB page today! :) And it's probably the same Cheryl....she's awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is great! I am always looking for fun crafts for the kids.
Only.. I don't have an iron!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea Ang!!!! I'm gonna try it out with Eli this weekend!!! Oh, btw, Eli spends a lot of afternoons on the weekends in his jammies!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...