Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lego Party: Marshmallow Minifigure Heads

Our sons two loves are currently Legos and Star Wars.  Since we had a Star Wars themed birthday last year, we decided to change it up and do a Lego theme this year for the Birthday Boy.  As I scanned the www for ideas, I knew I had to make the lego minifigure treats found at Living Locurto.  The process was a little time-consuming, but not difficult, and the end result was well worth it!  I made mine just slightly different, so I wanted to share the steps here.

First I used cookie icing to glue mini M&Ms to the tops of the marshmallows.  In retrospect, I probably should have used regular M&Ms, but I had the minis on hand.  (And since hindsight is 20/20, I also should have used something in a lighter color...the yellow wafers weren't enough to completely cover the red & green M&Ms).


I then put them on lollipop sticks, dipped them into the melted yellow candy wafers, and using the same trick as I did last year for the pretzel light sabers, stuck them in the egg carton to dry.


Using these special pens, I tried my best to draw faces on the little guys.  As you will see below, I'm no artist.  But thankfully, my almost 6 year old didn't care.  The expressions reminded me of one of those magnets....you know, the kind with all the faces, and it also has a small magnetic frame???  they say something at the top to the effect of "Today I'm feeling...." and then you put the frame over your mood.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?  I haven't seen one in awhile, so maybe not.  Anyway, if we made up a magnet, here's some of the faces that would appear......

Today I'm feeling.....

Cheerful

Cool

Angry

Worried

Flirty

Scared

Pirate-y


Disappointed

Suave
On this special day for our almost 6 year old we were all feeling very....

HAPPY!!

Bonus - the marshmallow head made for a cute display on the party table!


Please note:  The "scared" face can also double as the "I'm on fire!" face!


More Lego party madness on the way!!



Linking to:  A Turtle's Life for Me, House of Hepworth's, The Frugal Girls, Tatertots & Jello,

4 comments:

Jolene said...

Oh that is great! We did a lego cake last year for my son's 8th birthday. Love this idea!

Alicia Seeley said...

How cute are those?!?! My 7 year old loves legos. MAy need to give these a try for his birthday, or even his baptism treats!!!!

Kimberly said...

I so love the treat ideas. The my heads on fire one had my laughing

Unknown said...

What pen did you use to write on them? I bought one and it isn't working very well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...