Friday, March 2, 2012

Coffee Bar Decor

I've had an idea for some wall decor for my coffee bar area since we first set it all up a few weeks ago (see it here).  I was able to purchase some burlap coffee sacks from our awesome fundraising partner, Just Love Coffee, and finally made a trip to Hobby Lobby to get a canvas.  This project was so super easy - I literally spent more time in the checkout line to buy the canvas than I did actually completing it!  Ok, in full disclosure, this was my brainchild, but my fantabulous hubby did all the work while I wasted time on facebook supervised.

I bought several of the Ethiopian coffee sacks, but this one was my favorite...I like the green lettering and the random red stripe on the left...


We slid the canvas inside (almost a perfect fit), then cut out the middle of the back so we could pull it tight around the edges.  Then it was time for the handy dandy staple gun!


Jon stapled all around the edges and here's what we ended up with...








And here's what it looks like hanging in our kitchen, next to the coffee bar.



I love burlap, love coffee, and love Ethiopia.  All 3 at once?  Be still my beating heart!  Know what else?  I spent a total of less than $20!

If you are a fan of great coffee, or if you just want to check out a really amazing business, head over the Just Love Coffee.  The link will take you to our fundraiser, where $5 from every bag purchased goes toward our adoption!

Linking to:  Tatertots & Jello, Whipperberry, Bubbly Nature Creations, Funky Junk Interiors, I Heart Naptime,Craft-O-Maniac, Today's Creative Blog, The 36th Avenue, Thrifty Decorating, A Turtle's Life for Me, House of Hepworths, The Frugal Girls,

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks so adorable!! Nicely done!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Truely personal art!! I like it.
Joyce

Tanya said...

Looks awesome!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Love your canvas! It turned out great! I love the ikea piece you bought for your coffee bar! Perfect! I think I need one for our kitchen! Wishing you a wonderful week! Angie xo

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

This looks great, Angie and it has re-inspired me to officially finish a similar project. I made a coffee sack bulletin board last year that was framed but the staples were too long so it's a little dangerous . . . It has been sitting 95% finished for probably a year. Next week, it will be done! Mine says Kenya on it :)

judi said...

great idea and adds a pop of art to your coffee area.

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

I love this and love your coffee bar too! I need to set up a coffee bar! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now! Hope to see you there!

Jill
www.jillifyit.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...