- 1-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans, optional
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 16 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a small bowl, combine the coffee granules, water and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into one portion; pour over crust. Stir coffee mixture into the remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull (**I had to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes). Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Garnish with coffee beans if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.