Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1st Day of Kindergarten

Sigh.  Is summer really over??  I mean, technically it's not.  But school has begun, and that ends summer in my book.  Don't get me wrong, I am excited for the cooler fall temperatures, falling leaves, and especially being able to get my most favorite drink in the world (pumpkin spice iced coffee) at Dunkin' Donuts!  Mixed feelings though...cause today I had to send my best little guy off to Kindergarten!

Thankfully, it wasn't a huge adjustment ~ Jackson already attended our school's K4 program last year 2 days each week, and this year he's only going to Kindergarten 3 days per week (love that option!)  No trauma or tears involved, but I sure do miss my guy when he's not here!

And now for some pics....

 Jon is always up and out of the house for work long before the rest of us are up...but he likes to leave Jack a little present for the first day of school!

 Cutie pie with the uggo screen door....which reminds me...that's going on the "to do" list!

 Nearly impossible to get a picture of Carly standing still!

One last hug before Jack heads in to school!

He had a great first day....although my little scholar was sad to report that he did not learn any math today.  Here's to another great year!


PS - We survived our first earthquake yesterday!  It was pretty crazy!  Not bad enough for any damage, but our whole house was shaking!  Did you feel it where you live?

3 comments:

Pat said...

I remember sending each of my girls off to their first day of kindergarten many years ago. They are now grown and married, but I do remember those days distinctively. Don't blink...before you know it they will be adults. Love Jackson's smile.
We lived through the earthquake also. Knocked some photos off the piano but no real damage. A bit scary though.

Michelle Paige said...

What adorable kids you have! Great shots!

Tanya said...

How cute! It makes me wanna cry. My Jaxon starts pre-school this year and I can already feel the tears welling up. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...