Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Craft: Trees

Jackson is having so much fun being creative and doing crafts lately, so when Carly takes a nap, I usually try to think of a fun project for us to do.  Today we made Christmas trees!  The styrofoam cones were from Dollar Tree, the sparkly pom poms were from Joann's in the dollar section, and I had the rest of the supplies on hand, so this was a really fun and inexpensive craft for us to do together.

I had seen this tree at Target and wanted to make something similar....
For J's, I cut up squares of green construction paper and had him glue them all over the styrofoam.  There is a definite reason why gluesticks are more popular than regular white glue....what a mess.  Plus he got bored about halfway through so I had to finish sticking on the construction paper.  After that, I used the glue gun to put on everything else exactly where he showed me.

Here's our final products!  I love them!

Click here for some parties I may have linked up to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...