Monday, December 20, 2010

Cranberry Love

I made an impulse buy at the grocery store the other day - fresh cranberries.  I love cranberries but have never really done anything with the fresh kind.  So I went to one of my favorite recipe sites, http://www.food.com/ to find some yummy cranberry recipes.
I first made cranberry chocolate scones - my first ever attempt at scones - and they were delicious!  Then I made sugared cranberries - another YUM!  I love the way they "pop" when you bite into them, and the sweet-tart combination is great.  Bonus - they are so pretty!  :)
The only bad things....1)  the recipe called for superfine sugar to roll the cranberries in, which I didn't find, so I used regular granulated sugar.  As you can kind of see in the picture, the sugar got a little clumpy.  2)  Evidently no one else in my family is a big fan of cranberries....but at least that leaves more for me :)

Click here to see a list of parties I may have linked to!

1 comment:

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

yum!!!!! if I hadn't glued all of mine to a wreath, I'd be making your recipe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...