Friday, June 10, 2011

Strawberry Smoothies

Well, we've already reached the end of our fresh picked strawberries.  So sad.  I thought we might be able to go pick a few more, but because of the heat wave we've been having, the strawberries are pretty much done in our area.  Jackson and I finished up our strawberries by making some yummy smoothies!

Smoothies are one of those things I never really use a recipe for ~ I just kind of dump stuff in our Magic Bullet (we actually have the *much* less expensive JC Penney's version).  The main things you will need are:
1)  Ice
2)  Fruit
3)  Liquid (could be milk, yogurt, or fruit juice, depending on what you like)
Additionally, you could add vanilla and/or sugar....it's fun to experiment!

Here's J blending the ingredients.... (and you can see from his mouth that he's also been tasting the ingredients)...


And I think here he's doing some sort of smoothie dance....


And, because he really wanted to take a picture of me for my blog, (what I don't do for my little guy!), here's me obviously thoroughly enjoying my smoothie :)

Don't mind the bra straps and weird hair...it was a stay at home kind of day and I'm keepin' it real here :)  (although I confess, I did use the "warmify" button on Picasa to make my pale skin slightly less translucent!)

What's your favorite smoothie combination?


PS ~ We've reached 250 (edit:  251!) followers!!!!!  WOW!  My thanks go out to each and every one of you!  I appreciate you SO MUCH ~ I seriously get excited with each new follower and/or comment ~ really makes my day!!  To those who aren't yet followers....whatcha waiting for?  ;)

3 comments:

Marlena said...

You are so pretty!!! I miss you!!! :)

Tanya said...

Aw, thanks Angie! I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem on blogger! By the way, the smoothie sounds really tasty right about now :) and your son is a cutie pie!

Carla Cumberworth said...

You look adorable as usual. Your blog makes me smile and I love being part of your life in this way. Much love, Carla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...